Innovation Scout - India
Ready to join a young, dynamic, rapidly growing Innovation Management company?
We are looking for an Innovation Scout able to source and analyze the highest quality prospect clients for our business lines amongst the most innovative high-tech high-impact start-ups and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Europe and the USA.
To join the team you have to possess a genuine interest in technology and business, an aptitude in quickly understanding complex engineering or medical innovations, be highly analytical and articulate, and have a strong command of English. You must be a team player, well organized, and also keen to take on responsibility. Key qualities include being able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset, being highly self-motivated, and having a high degree of stamina to work within an ambitious and goal-driven environment.
The role will see you undertake the responsibility of scouting potential clients, mainly by leveraging digital resources and channels (search engines, industry websites, and events), and by analyzing various databases (implying also some software programming tasks).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeping yourself continuously up to date in the technological and business field to quickly and effectively recognize business opportunities and industry/market emerging trends;
- Continuously identifying top-level sources/hubs of potential clients among web platforms, online databases, events (trade fairs, conferences, pitches, start-up competitions, etc);
- Monitoring current trends in private and public innovative project financing and fund-raising;
- Handling and analyzing databases, including any applicable customized filtering option to deliver the most appropriate results;
- Analyzing and critically evaluating information resulting from any search related to innovative technologies and businesses;
- Maintaining and enriching internal databases for prospects, clients, and public grant awardees;
- Preparing regular reports on funding trends, requiring quantitative skills, which help define the company’s yearly targets.
- Must have at least a Master’s degree in Life Science (Bioengineering, Biomedical, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Neurosciences, Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
- Advanced use of Excel and aptitude to master the use of professional industry database;
- Proficiency in using digital resources (e.g. search engines) to uncover new leads;
- Self-starting, inquisitive, and pragmatic attitude;
- Fluent English;
- Documented internet search capability and knowledge of advanced database tools (JSON, MongoDB) and web scraping mechanisms are a plus.
To highly motivated and ambitious individuals, Alien Technology Transfer can offer fast career progression. Further career steps will successively lead to a higher responsibility in team leadership and management. During the first 3 months, the Chief Innovation Scout and other senior company managers will provide all the necessary professional training. Guidance will be provided on the characteristics of suitable prospects. Access and training for the current scouting tools and databases will be given. Once the applicant becomes completely autonomous in sourcing prospect clients using the established tools, he/she will be expected to implement new scouting approaches, including the use of new databases.