The Alien Technology Transfer Group leads top-class innovators to success by converting visionary ideas into tangible realities. The group is composed of two companies: Alien Innovation Consulting and Alien Venture Studio.
With the financial support of public funding opportunities and strategic private investments, Alien Innovation Consulting champions only impact-driven innovations and supports companies with concrete growth ambitions funding their product development.
Alien Venture Studio is an international Venture Studio that designs, funds, and launches innovative companies through the timely transformation of high-potential concepts into profitable ventures. We nurture companies throughout their entire journey, from inception to seed and early funding rounds, ultimately guiding them in the direction of the successful commercialization of their products and business growth.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for establishing long-term business affiliations with Business Incubators, Start-up Accelerators, Venture Capitalists, and Research Centres. This is a fully remote position that involves some business traveling for the whole country. However, in order to facilitate working closer to Business Incubators, Start-up Accelerators, and Venture Capitalists, the successful candidate must be located or be willing to relocate to either Amsterdam or Rotterdam.
To join the team you have to possess a genuine interest in technology and business, be highly analytical, and articulate, and have a fluent level of English. You must be well organized and keen to take on responsibility. Key qualities include being highly self-motivated and having a high degree of stamina to work within an ambitious and goal-driven environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contacting prospective Business Incubators, Start-up Accelerators, Venture Capitalists, and other such institutes mainly from Netherlands and occasionally all over Europe by personal meetings, email, LinkedIn, and calls;
- Overseeing the traction of these entities’ interest, building their trust, onboarding them for a long-term collaboration, and maintaining an engaged relationship thus enabling the best path forward and acting as a go-to point of contact in order to solve contingencies and striving towards excellence in service;
- Researching and finalizing a list of prospective Institutes across Netherlands;
- Meeting, conducting workshops/seminars, and pursuing these prospects with the aim of closing deals;
- Closing contracts with their portfolio companies;
- Formulate an engagement strategy for the onboarded Institutes and implement it.
- Must have a Bachelor's/ Master’s Degree;
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in selling value-added services with a high focus on contract negotiation and closing;
- Must be fluent in English and Dutch;
- Previous experience within the Venture Capital / Start-up area is desirable.
Please note: Due to the high volume of candidates we are unfortunately not able to provide individual feedback regarding the outcome of every single application.